Articulating a high school CTE class with a Citrus College CTE course can build supportive relationships between faculty of secondary and post-secondary institutions, increases course relevancy and enrollment, and serves high school students bound for college.
STEP 1: HOW TO ARTICULATE A CLASS
- Create an account on this site if you have not already done so. See Creating a New Account guide (pdf). Once registered and approved, you will be directed to your dashboard where you can start the articulation process. See the High School Instructor Dashboard guide (pdf).
- Please review course descriptions before you submit CTE articulation requests to ensure the high school course closely approximates the college’s course in content. You can view all course descriptions on the Citrus College Catalog.
- Once you have reviewed the course descriptions and selected a college course, you can download Citrus College Curriculum (course outline) via the download section on the right side of this page.
- If the course you want to articulate is not listed on the course curriculum download section, please contact the Career Pathways Specialist.
- Sign into this site and submit a New Agreement Request from your Dashboard. View the Submitting a New Articulation Request guide (pdf).
- Please have your course outline, syllabus, labs, projects, textbook information, etc. ready for upload with your request. Requests submitted without documents will not be processed.
- Your request will be sent to the High School/ROP Articulation Administrator for approval. When approved, your request will be sent to the designated college faculty for review.
- Once sent to the designated faculty for review, if materials are missing, the college faculty will contact you. You will be notified by e-mail when a decision has been made on your request or if you need to provide faculty with more information.
- If the request is approved, it will be sent to the Dean for approval. When approved, the agreement will be sent to the college vice president of academic affairs. When the request is approved becomes active and will appear in the Current Articulation Agreements page.
You may check the status of your request at any time by signing into your account and viewing your dashboard.
CTE Articulation agreements will need to be renewed every academic year (during the spring semester). An earlier review may be requested by faculty at any time or if there is a significant change in course content/materials, or a signing teacher or faculty leave their positions.
CTE articulation agreements are only approved when Teacher/Instructor to Faculty review occurs.
STEP 2: MY CLASS HAS BEEN SUCCESSFULLY ARTICULATED...NOW WHAT?
You will receive an email notification that your request has been approved. In the beginning of the fall semester, you will receive an email with information regarding your agreement and information for students. Please inform your students, high school/ROP counselors, and administrators. Make sure students are aware that this is a college-level course and that they are eligible to earn credit upon its completion if they follow a few necessary steps and meet the minimum required grade.
Teachers must recommend students for credit at the end of the spring semester. Students often need help understanding the details of articulation and how they receive college credit. Students are required to apply to Citrus College to obtain a student ID number and must apply as they complete the course. Students must pass the high school course with a B or higher in order to receive the credit.
Students apply to Citrus College and receive their student ID number to articulate the course credit.
Students should check their transcripts in early September to see that they have been awarded credit. They can find instructions on how to do this on the Students page.
The Career Pathways Specialist is available to assist with questions.
RENEW AN EXISTING OR REQUEST A NEW CTE ARTICULATION AGREEMENT (TEACHERS WITH PREVIOUSLY APPROVED CTE AGREEMENTS)
- If not signed in already, sign into your account and select the agreement you'd like to renew from your Dashboard. See Renewing an Existing Agreement guide (pdf).
- To make changes to your user profile information or change your password (for non Google accounts only), select My Profile from the main menu. See the Managing Your User Profile guide (pdf).